The Fracasso Group is specialized in the regeneration and redevelopment of abandoned areas, and the group is proposing a further commitment in favour of the city of Trieste, in the reconversion of the site of the former Tobacco Manufacture to use it as a state-of-the-art complex for industrial and / or retro-port logistics. This proposal lends itself perfectly to the establishment of fresh or cold platforms given its strategic position close to the port and with the infrastructure of motorway, rail and port connections facing or in the immediate vicinity. A further advantage in favour of the project is the possibility of requesting the Punto Franco regime with all the fiscal and operational opportunities.
Advantages of the Punto Franco regime of the Port of Trieste
The property is located in the management areas of the Local Economic Development Consortium of the Giuliana area and within the perimeter of the SIR.
The complex has an urban destination D/1:
• Retail commercial activities
• Handcrafted service
• Collective services and equipment
• Accessory destinations, to support established activities, such as hotels
1. The project involves the total demolition of existing buildings and the subsequent construction of a building with a covered area of 27,500 m2 with a maximum height of 15 meters, functional to the development of logistic and industrial activities, or for logistics centers for fresh and cold.
2. Given the presence within the area of two railway tracks, a design linked to the RAIL area is also being carried out for a building which, facing the reactivable railway track, can provide for loading and unloading on railway wagons.
The large tobacco processing plant was built between 1958 and 1964 by the Autonomous Administration of State Monopolies, on the industrial outskirts of the city. In the factory, the production of cigarettes lasted for 35 years. The last born among the 20 Manufactures spread over the entire national territory was the one that had the shortest life, but represented a fundamental piece of Italian industrial history in the second half of the 1900s.
Con il motto “architettura sensata” lo studio di Sissi Kettl si prende cura della progettazione di nuove costruzioni e ristrutturazioni preservando i valori del committente. Sissi segue sempre le nuove tendenze dei requisiti strutturali, ecologici e sociali degli edifici residenziali che le permette di offrire una pianificazione al passo con i tempi. La sua squadra appassionata di architettura vi accompagna con entusiasmo sin dallo sviluppo alla supervisione dell’intero processo, e dalla pianificazione fino alla perizia finale. Specializzati in costruzioni in legno, la squadra sta sviluppando, grazie anche alla collaborazione con BRO-Business real opportunity vari progetti nel settore immobiliare a Trieste e nei dintorni.